View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013   #1037
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When the QB decides to stay with the bootleg, it is up to him to deal with the blitzers. He's the one who made the final decision; he's the one that needs to execute the play. It is his own choosing; nobody forced him to do it, not the HC, not the OC, not the defense.
Agreed.

I think what got him, was that he was expecting that safety to stay on the receiver, he expected movement from him to adjust to Andre's motion.

He comes to the LoS & the defense he sees suggests man. Chancellor was about 7 or 8 yards off the LoS over the TE in the slot. When Andre motions inside the slot, Schaub looking out the corner of his eye expects the safety to come to the LoS to get a hand on Andre, or prevent OD from crossing inside & providing a natural pick for Andre.

So I think (no way to really tell & Matt will never say) Matt saw the safety start his motion to the LoS & then lost track of him. He never saw Chancellor open up towards the line, completely turning his back on Andre. If Schaub saw that, he would have recognized the blitz... no way he couldn't. Then he would have checked to the run.

Watching that play, you can't see the run lanes open suggesting we would have picked up the 4 yards. The TE approaches the MIKE like he's going to block, then breaks off into a route at the last minute. But if Matt would have signaled run, that would have been a good block & a big seam.

After reading your WCO instruction manual, I think I have a better understanding of the system. The audibles. It's all in the snap count. One word means the play called in the huddle, another means the back up play. So this, "Can't audible once the motion is called." is Kubiak falling on the sword. That motion is supposed to help Matt make the call. He just mis-read it.