View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013   #1034
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It's sad that Gary cant trust Schaub to make the right decision on something as simple as what you've laid out in this post. Perhaps this is the reason Gary plays things conservatively 99% of the time. If so it's past time to look for a new QB. We can expect Gary to call a run play next time in this situation and that is what's wrong with this whole situation.

No, he doesn't know what he's watching. IMHO
I think there is a reason we rarely ran a 2 minute offense & the "sugar huddle" is a last resort. I'd like to think the problem is Matt, but he seems to thrive when he's in a rhythm.

When this team is pressing, we make mistakes. Whether it's a slew of RBs fumbling the ball, or errant passes, or batted balls, or a bunch of penalties. This offenses history when they're trying to push the tempo isn't all that great.

This year, we've done it a lot & it's been more successful than I would have guessed, but I worry when we play to fast.

I have no problem when we're managing our pace & playing ball control-eat the clock small ball. As long as we continue to push the score, increase our lead. I'm ok with field goals, depending on the opponent. If it's a "known" defense with a crappy offense. No biggie. If it's a crappy defense (New England) with a high powered offense.... TDs are a premium. If we get turnovers & a short field (30 yards or less) settling for a field goal undermines your desire to win (imo).