View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013   #1015
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So you don't think he's close to that? His mistakes are demoralizing. I hear the standard lip service, but you have to wonder if the team has any faith in Schaub. I can see where Kubiak and the front office feel trapped. They've re-signed Schaub to a big contract with no obvious heir apparent. But the guys behind him are professional QBs. They have more mobility and stronger arms. They could provide the team with a spark.

If his poor play continues into the season, Schaub becomes a lame duck QB. He won't be brought back for a $10 million salary. If you know that, why wait until he's injured to find out what you have behind him?
Schaub is playing in the worse way possible in terms of giving me hope. He shows just enough okay maybe he not finished where the people(McSmithiak) who want to say "he just needs to correct this decision or move just a hair better and everything will be fine," have evidence. I believe that there is zero chance of him getting benched until injury(not wishing for that) or a couple of 10/26 for 118 with no TDs 3 Int games(that either, texans probably lose). I mean that type of awful.

My other problem is that I think that Yates and/or keenum have 90% chance to be only slightly better than Yates v Ravens playoff game (especially against above average defenses). My "belief" is based on the negative historical data of late round QBs and that eye ball test which says I see a handful of guys that play and show similiar qualities in pre-season pretty much every year. They largely turn in to Hank Nobody-I-Can remember, Matt Moore or Ryan Fitzpatrick on the high side.

In my mind, I only figuring out whether I am dying by crocodile or python.