View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IS USC Better Than TAMU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Just for the record, I couldn't disagree with this more. If you're only comparing Pac 12 to SEC, then there is some truth to it (although probably not nearly as much as you seem to think). If you're comparing it to Division I in general, I believe the Pac 12 is rapidly improving and could easily be the second best conference in the NCAA. Oregon's got a track record, and while there's been a coaching change, right now things seem to be going better for their current coach than their former coach. Stanford's been a consistent top 10 team under David Shaw, and you've got UCLA, Washington, and even Arizona State who appear to be very much on the rise.

If ease of conference were the only factor in Sumlin's decision, TAMU loses out to USC big time.
Of course it's a comparison between the PAC and the SEC, since those would be the only two conferences being discussed in a potential Sumlin move. And while Oregon looks pretty good and Stanford has a really good defense, that's a far cry from 'Bama/Georgia/LSU/UF (when they are good). Hell, even Ole Miss has a pretty stout team, which you don't see every year.