View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013   #979
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think they need some new doctors .... seems they've made a lot of mistakes.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ......
That's kind of where I was coming from. I'm not a doctor. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But it's pretty obvious to me the Texans aren't receiving the best medical advice they could. Who makes the call on the team physician anyway? McNair?

I've felt that Schaub's extension was unnecessary. Yes, he would have been a free agent in the 2013 offseason. But, I think the market would have been limited and no other team would have given him such a long term deal. Was Schaub better than several QBs on other teams? Yes. That doesn't mean these teams would have committed to him long term. Schaub should have gotten something above the deal Carson Palmer received from Arizona (3 years, $26 million, $10 mil guaranteed). Not the $29 million guaranteed he picked up for what will likely be two years of work.

I hate to describe posters as "supporters". But I would like to ask a few questions to those who believe that Schaub should remain at QB. What makes you think that Schaub will get better? I want to believe. I saw hope in the Seahawk game. And then came the lay down sacks and the pick six. I don't see a spark and I don't see anything getting better. Do you wait until the Texans are out of contention before making a move? So you wait until they go sub .500 (which could be Sunday). What will it take for you to want to see a change at QB?