View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013   #974
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Don't you blame a lot of that on Rick Smith's decision to extend Schaub after the first game of last season ??

I recall Doc telling us that even tho the foot had healed , it would get worse with use .... and that's exactly what we've seen.

They jumped the gun on extending Schaub ....

As for going forward from here , If Schaub doesn't dig his way out of this funk and the team reaches the AFC Championship game at the very least .... I don't think he's on the roster next season as they can spread the cap hit out over two years at 3m & 7m each.
The big question is how that affects other players coming up to FA that they would like to keep.

There will be quite a few QB's in the first round of next years draft .... Maybe as many as 8. A couple of them I really like .....
Considering what Kubiak has been able to squeeze out of Schaub - a perennial top tier offense in both yards & scoring along with leading the league in time of possession ..... despite Schaub's inadequacies and mental breakdowns , I'd really like to see what he could do with a real talent at the position.
Dont get me wrong, I blame ricky to. This habit of signing players comming off injury has normally worked out ok for him. But to gamble on your most important position with that percentage of the cap was stupid. I was harping back then to draft a qb to.

And you present one of my opinions better then I could. Kubiak's offense has masked schaub's deficiencies well enough to fool a lot of fans. His system is so ubber qb friendly they felt like they could address other spots on the team freely. What could this offense really do with a guy who could vertically threaten the field? How good could this offense be with a qb who threatens a defense east-west with an honest chance to run?

Here's another nostratexans prediction: when we find out what that kinda qb can do, aj and foster will be used up and gone. The window will have closed.