View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013   #973
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
At the end of last season there was a lot of infighting here about the merits of Schaub. People fought tooth and nail over it. Nobody wants to say I told you so yet, but some of us spotted the iceberg ahead last december. Some of us picked it out a LOT farther back. Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.

Everything I ever said about Romo to cowboy fans is true of schaub. Collapses underpressure. I still dont understand how you run a bootleg offense with a qb who cant run.

And I dont blame kubiak for not allowing audibles. We've seen schaub's decision making skills. I blame kubiak for not having the sack to bring in legit competition for schaub. Here's the next bad news: schaubs not going to recover and we'll draft a rookie...and that rookie wont start until next season is lost. Because kubiak is to conservative to start a rookie qb. This aint over till november '14. Captain ******** pick 6 is gonna be here.
Don't you blame a lot of that on Rick Smith's decision to extend Schaub after the first game of last season ??

I recall Doc telling us that even tho the foot had healed , it would get worse with use .... and that's exactly what we've seen.

They jumped the gun on extending Schaub ....

As for going forward from here , If Schaub doesn't dig his way out of this funk and the team reaches the AFC Championship game at the very least .... I don't think he's on the roster next season as they can spread the cap hit out over two years at 3m & 7m each.
The big question is how that affects other players coming up to FA that they would like to keep.

There will be quite a few QB's in the first round of next years draft .... Maybe as many as 8. A couple of them I really like .....
Considering what Kubiak has been able to squeeze out of Schaub - a perennial top tier offense in both yards & scoring along with leading the league in time of possession ..... despite Schaub's inadequacies and mental breakdowns , I'd really like to see what he could do with a real talent at the position.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote