View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs. 49ers Injury Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

Not only is the left side of the OL not slowly working its way back to 100-percent, but neither is the right side.

It is evident that Duane Brown has suffered a very significant Turf Toe, and was thrown out there anyway to try to practice last week, and as I would have expected "suffered a setback" and is unlikely to be able to play Sunday. Wade Smith suffered what Kubiak reported as "a relatively minor knee sprain" the beginning of August. Then, all of a sudden we hear that he underwent a knee arthroscopy August 13. Then we hear that he "took a full load" in practice in ~ 3 1/2 weeks to play against San Diego 4 weeks post op. He was brought back too soon, and his play has shown it ever since. Derrick Newton, after his patella tendon rupture surgery was brought back in the preseason before he was ready, because they were more concerned that he would not have enough practice with the OL to be effective. Because of this philosophy, his knee is affecting and will continue to affect his play. Now, from what I'm hearing now, Brooks suffered what is likely to also be a Turf Toe, something that can explain his performance against the Seahawks.

In conclusion, I'm not really getting "the OL is slowly getting back to 100-percent" feeling.
Please miss again, Brown.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote