View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013   #938
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
It's telling that Hawks fans are saying Schaub is good, and they cannot believe how badly Texans fans are overreacting. I am with them and think this is all much ado about nothing. Schaub shredded that so called no. 1 D, and Jackson is the one who put the Hawks in position to win that game with his stupid body slam after the whistle.

IMO some Texans fans are an embarrassment to this franchise. I've said it before, and in times like these I do not feel Houston is deserving of an NFL franchise. Too many fair weather, cry baby fans.
While I agree some of it is a bit overreacting, what Hawks fans think is irrelevant as they don't see everything that goes on with the team in comparison to a Texans fan. Most fans outside of the Texans don't understand Schaub has now thrown an interception in 7 straight games dating back to the last game with the Colts. They don't understand that during the last quarter of 2012 we went 6 quarters without an offensive touchdown. Add that to the Baltimore no TD game this year and the Hawks second half and you got a frustrated fan base. When you see your team amount the yards it does to put it in the top five offensively but continue to have the same issues it had previously you start to wonder 'Why hasn't anything been fixed?' Not to forget the strange slow starts or showing up in one half versus another.

As for the fanbase...saying they are fair weather and cry baby is a stretch. Where is this mythical fanbase that doesn't get fanatical about their team? There isn't any. All have them. We just don't see them because they aren't our team. I'm also a Bears fan and believe me...we have tons of them. I know Cowboys fans that are the same. Eagles fans as well. Do all of them not deserve a team?

Point being...kind of tired of that talk. One minute the Houston fanbase is accused of accepting being medicore and now they are fairweather because they are passionate and want success for their team. Can't win for losing. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. But last I checked Texans fans travel where the team is playing on the road. They were there greeting the team after losing in the playoffs to cheer them or show up in Reliant to watch a draft or bare the heat to watch training camp, etc.

Just because there are some that go to extremes it does not measure an entire fanbase.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote