View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #155
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kubiak's had plenty of opportunities to unhitch that wagon. The foot injury was a great one. That 3rd pick six, the 6th INT in 4 games would have been a good one as well.

Kubiak can cut that cord just as easily as Rick Smith cut his. When Schaub screws up, put that right where it belongs. As long as he continues to fall on the sword for Schaub, he's reaffirming his vows.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that Kubiak can divorce himself from Schaub at anytime. But he's making a conscious decision to make sure we all know where he stands.

I would think McNair would understand the dangers of getting too attached to a player, any player, after the David Carr experience.
Because like it or not, Kubes is a steady guy who doesn't pander to the whims of a fanbase suffering from multiple personality disorder. Hell, I get madder and start talking nonsense more than I have a right to on my own. He's not gonna drop Schaub, and if he does at all it will be, barring some extreme circumstance like a 7 interception game, at the end of the season. And even though the angry part of me is calling for the benching of Schaub, deep down I know Kubes is right. Schaub is a known quantity, even if he has been crappy lately.

However, you can bet good money Rick Smith is taking a good look at the QB draft class of 2013. Kubes might be the good old Coach, but our GM has nerves of ice and won't hesitate to axe anyone who's standing in the way of this team's goal.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote