View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #152
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post

I do agree with the last part though, Schaub and Kubiak are a set...their wagons are hitched together. If Schaub is a failure, so is Kubiak. It makes sense that Kubiak wouldn't want to bench him. If he does, he's essntially waving the white flag on his era in Houston.
Kubiak's had plenty of opportunities to unhitch that wagon. The foot injury was a great one. That 3rd pick six, the 6th INT in 4 games would have been a good one as well.

Kubiak can cut that cord just as easily as Rick Smith cut his. When Schaub screws up, put that right where it belongs. As long as he continues to fall on the sword for Schaub, he's reaffirming his vows.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just that Kubiak can divorce himself from Schaub at anytime. But he's making a conscious decision to make sure we all know where he stands.

I would think McNair would understand the dangers of getting too attached to a player, any player, after the David Carr experience.