View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WolverineFan's 1st 2014 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Brett Hundley - no arguments there. Completely with ya, I have us drafting him too.

Kyle Fuller - I like him from what I've seen. I would also take DeShazor Everett if he is in the draft this year. Basically 2a 2b for me. Everett is currently a safety now, though.

Shayne Skov - again, no arguments. If he comes back 100% from that injury we'll have an ILB duo that's just as good as Willis-Bowman. I would be very happy with Cushing-Skov.

Tre Boston - have not watched, but safety depth replacing Pleasant is not a bad idea. Never hurts to have quality DBs

Austin Wentworth - Guarding Carr's blind-side, huh? Never though I'd hear that statement in Houston lol. Have not watched, but I think with the return of Quessenbery and with a healthier O-line in general we'll be okay. I might think of addressing this a little earlier but that's just me, since the other positions are priorities too.

Dri Archer - 6th round pick, never watched him but a speedster jack of all trades is useful, certainly. How many 6th round picks pan out? Might as well take the shot, he could be gold.

Caleb Lavey - not complaining about ILB depth.

Great draft! O-line is a concern for me but so are the other positions. I would not complain if this is how our draft went down in April.
I think we still need to address the O-Line, but for depth purposes. Wade Smith, Ryan Harris, and Andrew Gardner are all FA's next year. I'd expect us to re-sign Harris. Our OL would probably look like this pre-draft....

LT - Brown / Harris
LG - Quessenberry / Jones
C - Myers / White
RG - Brooks / Jones
RT - Newton / Williams

We still need an upgrade at RT, but I think this year we should just focus on some depth and address other positions (QB, ILB, CB, maybe OLB).

Good stuff though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote