View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
modern day offensive coaching guru has a system where one can't change the play in a bad situation. Brilliant stuff. La Porte HS QB's have a better system than this for being in a bad play.
I have little doubt that this Fisher Price approach to playcalling/offensive scheme is ultimately going to prevent great things with this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's also very tempting for the defense to blitz when the QB rarely checks out of the play.

I'm in no way absolving Schaub's responsibility for this mistake. But it was a "very,very poor play" call. The defense is not going to crash inside looking for a run on 3rd and 4. They're thinking pass. No one went for the fake as a top defense shouldn't. Schaub had no chance to make a positive play. All he could do was make the least negative play. Which would have been to curl into a ball and take the gift sack. How does Kubiak pour over these plays all week and then during the game, then make a ridiculous call like that?
Sometimes it looks like the Smartest Man in the Stadium out thinks himself. I did not understand why they were not using the best one/two punch in the NFL to run down the clock and grind to a win. The lack of basic football logic with a typical ball-control coach is strange.