View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #105
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak: Schaub couldn’t audible out of “very, very poor play”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Agreed.

Only difference is that Schaub has had more opportunities and more grooming. Honestly I felt we should've let sage be a stop gap and drafted a qb in the first round when we got a chance to.

Both were upgrades over Carr and if someone wants to argue Matt was better than Sage...ok, but I don't feel he was so much better that he has been worth the 2 2nds plus the contracts. Sage, a cheaper contract, keeping those 2 2nds and maybe having traded for a good young QB by now sounds a lot better in hindsight.
I'm 100% with you on this one. I had no idea who Matt Schaub was except for a few blurbs regarding a game or two where he did "alright." I understand Vick was the golden child at the time, but they didn't spend 2 seconds on Matt. They found him in the third. If they can find a guy like that in the third, why couldn't we?

& while Sage had his flaws...... Kubiak was still in his grace period which lasted through 2010, why make a bold move like that? Granted, if Schaub would have came in & blew the doors off the NFL, fine. We could say that Kubiak saw greatness & made a shrewd move.

But now, we're talking about all his limitations. We've been talking about his limitations since 2008.

Had we rolled with Sage we could have drafted
Quin (22) Kolb (36), Beck (40), Stanton (43)
Flacco (18) Brohm (56) Flynn (209)
Freeman (17) McGee (101)

.... the argument sounded much better in my head.