Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I expect Hundley & Mariota to stay in school one more year. Who knows about Manziel he is bit of a maverick. Bridgewater is impressive throwing the ball but not so sure about his decision making. Boyd is polished, physical & highly competitive, I really like him. McCarron is a plug & play QB for Kubiak system. No opinion on Fales, both hot & cold. Murray is next Drew Brees, great leadership, accurate throws both short & deep. Mettenberger reminds me of a young Jim Harbaugh, tough, stands tall in the pocket in face of pass rush, captain comeback ability, strong arm.

Several to choose from if Texans don't take the BQBA I'll quit following them until Kubiak is gone.
Beerlover "the scout". We again agree on evaluation. Manziel is a fascinating prospect that I would select if I had a complete team and could gamble with a first round. We with this team cannot afford to "miss" on any first rounder. My concern is that we will have another KJ incident meaning that we needed a corner who could step in year one and be effective. KJ was considered "pro" ready and then took 3 years. That was the complaint I had then as many on MB should recall. We are in a unique position with QB that we can keep Shaub thru 2014 & allow whomever to sit and learn. I would not scream if we took Manziel but if McCarron is sitting there, he is more pro ready.

As we discussed pm, I am starting to change on selecting a QB as I think MS is going nowhere so I will not mock a QB at this time.