View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013   #70
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Agree to disagree.

He needs help. He needs to ask for help. He needs to tell them what he's trying to do (win a Super Bowl) & he can't do it without them.

He needs his recievers to try a little bit harder to catch those balls, run those routes. He needs his OL to hold for one more second. He needs his RBs to break one more tackle & he needs his defense to make one more stand.

He's not perfect. He needs to put that on the table, own up to his flaws, but re-affirm to them that if they work together they can win (I believe it). As hard as each one of them thinks they are playing (& believe me I recognize that there has been some amazing play to this point) we need to take it to the next level as a group.

It's not about blame, it's not about the last play, it's not about 1-0...... it's about the next play.
Nope - Matt's the one who needs to be talked to, not the one who needs to be talking. The other stuff you mentioned is the equivalent of keeping a cars tire pressure correct and oil changed when in fact you need major transmission repairs.