View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013   #21
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where the game was lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The defense should have beaten the dog ISHT out of Wilson when he started running. A QB's place is IN THE POCKET. When a QB leaves the pocket he is saying:

"Hi I'm a REAL football player. Please hurt me."

When that same QB crosses the line of scrimmage he's saying:

"F-YOU defensive unit. You are a small cute cluster of kittens of whom I have NO fear. There isn't anything which you could possibly do to me."

Sorry if I'm part of a defensive unit and a QB said that to me I would sacrifice a game check and do my best to break every last one of his damned ribs. Everything on MY side of the ball belongs to me. You want an inch of this field you'll pay for it dearly.
Perhaps you missed the part where the defense could only flush Wilson out of the pocket, but took bad angles and couldn't catch him. When Wilson scrambled, he left the DL and LBs in the dust 10 yards behind him, and they were still trying to figure out which way the guy went. Mobile QBs are dangerous, and since we don't have one to practice against, we'll get burned by them.

Trying to hurt the guy isn't the answer. There's a difference between playing aggressive and playing dirty. While we sometimes lack the aggressive play, the dirty play is just not the way to go.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote