View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013   #62
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Maybe "cost the game" is a little harsh but it was the same exact thing he did last year against Denver where his fumble turned the tide and let them right back in it. I wasn't wearing beer goggles as I was stone-cold sober so I know exactly what happened. Right after his fumble I bet my wife then and there that the Seahawks would come back within 6 points at least and even posted in the game thread that that fumble will be as costly as the one in Denver was.

Anyway, Tate won't be getting used much this season so I say ship him off while we can to a team that wants him. The leash Kubes has on Tate is more like a choke collar.
It's too bad his leash on Schaub isn't the same!

I can't blame Tate completely for the loss but it did start the ball rolling (pun intended) in the wrong direction, and once it starts, it's very hard to stop. Especially, it seems, for the Texans! If I were Kubes I'd bench both of them and start seeing if you can win with Yates or Keenum. As for Tate, he's gone after this season anyway, so you might as well trade him now and get something for him.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote