View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Do I think about it? Yes. Right now I have very little confidence in Schaub and I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer. I don't know if Freeman fits into Kubiak's system but I think it could be worth a shot.
This one statement is where all of our team issues stem from. I don't know if Freeman would be the answer, but I think us bypassing upgrades because they don't fit this system hurts us. This system isn't good enough to win the games that matter. This system didn't win 2 Super Bowls in Denver. That was John Elway and Terrell Davis. You get HoF players and you should be able to win a SB or 2. If it weren't for Dan Reeves being the coach in the 80s the Broncos would have won a couple of more.

The team didn't look at acquiring Peyton Manning an offseason ago because Kubiak had "his" guy and Peyton wouldn't fit this system. I was hesitant in wanting Manning because I was worried if he'd come back from the surgeries. Hindsight being what it is I think we can say he's doing alright.

Scrap the coach. Scrap the system. Get players based on their abilities and adjust your game. Lute Olson was a success in UA coaching the men's basketball program for 24 years because he got great players and adapted his schemes to match his players.

We have one of the best WRs to play in the NFL in the last few decades. He has pitiful TD #s because our system doesn't call for the ball to be thrown to the WR in the endzone. In the loss at Arizona 4 years ago he wasn't even on the field during the final sequence that decided the outcome because Kubiak needed a 3rd string TE on the field.

I don't know if they should acquire Freeman. I don't know if it would matter. I don't believe all the issues are on Schaub and I don't know if any QB could come in and make a difference with Kubiak as a coach.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote