View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #885
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
This guy almost threw 4 ints today. Unfortunately I doubt Yates and keenum are better. But the oline pass protection is bad and couple pressure with a QB that crumbles under it and this is what we're stuck with. I've never seen a QB that retreats so much and goes down with any physical contact. Schaub is weak in every sense of the word. He is physically weak in the legs and arm and he lacks fortitude. I don't know if the pass protection or QB should be the highest priority. Both are holding this team back.
I have no doubt at all that either Yates or Keenum would do better. They are both accurate, mobile and know the offense very well. Kubiak won't make a change because Kubiak seems to hate change. I'll take a QB controversy over losses like the last 2 weeks at this point.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Yates Era begin next week in SF. He's got a much better chance of making plays against that D than Schaub and will be more likely to target a WR not named Andre Johnson for 3 quarters of the game.