View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #750
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
He's not going to get benched unless he's hurt. But I think there comes a point when something needs to change. Change the playcalling, change the run-pass mix, etc. What frustrates me so much about this team is that we don't really seem to gameplan differently against teams.

I was really excited last year against the Broncos when we identified a weakness in their secondary and exploited it several times. We need to be playing more aggressively if we want to beat teams like the Hawks and bring several new plays when we go up against the elite teams.
Where's Tonya Harding and her boyfriend when we need them??

Seriously though, I'm frustrated with the game planning a lot of times, too. Kubiak get's hard headed and wants to impose his will and run the ball regardless of the circumstances.

The success of a lot of his plays rely on the defense not know if it's a pass or a run because they start out the same. That can work great against a very aggressive or undisciplined defense, but not so much against disciplined ones that don't bite on play action fakes. Kubiak seems to be unwilling or unable to change it up on a regular basis.