View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #749
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Was going to start a new thread , but it all comes back to Schaub anyhow ... so here's my thoughts:

This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.

Its obvious to me that Gary understands what he has at the QB position .....

Over the last 8-10 games including the last few & playoffs last season , the QB hasn't been able to execute the game plan and rather than being a positive or net zero , that QB has hurt the teams chances.

I noticed against the Tinbreds that Schaub's play action fakes weren't up to the standards we are accustomed to ... I really think this is telling of a greater issue. It could be the accumulation of injuries to the shoulder & feet or it could be lacking trust in the OL having to turn his back to the defense.

When I look at the throws Schaub is making (or not) , its easy to see he isn't near as accurate with his location as he was in the past ... I think that is pointing to those injuries being a bigger deal than we are led to believe.

Is Schaub damaged goods or is the OL the problem ?! .... He should be performing to a higher standard in an offense designed around him being kept clean.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote