View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Freeman OUT Glennon IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
Freeman was 24-35 as the starting quarterback, but 11 of those losses came in games in which the Bucs lost leads late in the fourth quarter, all but one in the final two minutes.
http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/no-turnin...urse-20130928/
Makes perfect sense to me. Can't bench your whole defense, or fire your defensive coordinator... got's to make an example of the starting QB...

Actually, this kind of thinking is a lot like my point about the defense. It doesn't matter that Freeman played well in the first three qtrs, if they need him to score in the 4th... they need him to score in the 4th.

Much like an NFL season. It doesn't matter what you do in September, or the first qtr. Every game, every possession has a lot more meaning (a whole lot more meaning) in December/the 4th qtr.

Of course, "it doesn't matter" is hypebole, of course it matters. Just not nearly as much as what happens as time is expiring. Nobody gives a sht who won the first game of the season. Everybody remembers who won the last.

This might have been an opportunity for Freeman to prove he was the guy who can lead this team to greatness. Saying, "Fck it, get me out of Tampa!!" was probably not the response they were hoping for.