View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #744
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
PFF stats, which if you include QBR rating from ESPN, it gets even worse. Then you look at his average yard per pass and it shows we just aren't simply getting the ball down the field.

Part of it Andre doesn't have the speed anymore to take the top off the coverage, and is not more of a possession receiver. We really didn't get a speed guy in the draft and I do like DeAndre but he's still not a burner that creates space between the deep zones and the LB's for Schaub to exploit which is his favorite target area.

My personal view is that we have seen the best of Matt, and he's going downhill, if another game or two like the previous two you have to pull him. We have Superbowl talent all around him, we just can't seem to get it done.
We may well have seen the ceiling for Schaub, but the WCOis tailor made for guys like AJ and Dhop. Rice matched up better with AJ than just about any other receiver in the league. Speed is good but running a 3.8 means jack **** if you aren't carrying the rock.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote