View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Who else is there to pay for it except the taxpayers though? The people who watch the NFL, buy the merchandise and the tickets are all consumers and taxpayers.
There always the people who own the business/team. Lots of people could figure out how to be successful if they could get somebody else to build its major facility and then pay for many if not most of its day in and day out operating costs.

BTW, The percentage of taxpayers who even semi-regularly attend sporting events is relatively small. and those "jobs" that are created for the locals are mostly temporary (during the construction) and/or seasonal part-time.

The direct tangibles of having a sports team in a community are not that great. The civic pride, sense of community, etc are much stronger reason vote for stadium construction and the cost of maintaining the stadium. Not enough for me (bleep you jerry jones), but that is the why anyone should vote for a stadium. the local economics are generally bad.