View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013   #718
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Well let's see... He is our best chance vs anyone we have on our team, and anyone else available on the FA market so yes, I believe he can play well enough to win the Lombardi.

His foot injury two years ago has nothing to do with his current play. That is more likely due to our offensive line playing pretty poorly not affording Schaub the time he needs to make the play, because when he has been given the time he has carved up the opposing D nicely so far. The picks are mostly tipped balls, and there is little Schaub can do about that, but once again, if the defenders were being blocked and not up in his grill on nearly every passing situation, those may not have happened, and could have just as easily been big plays for Schaub and the team.

People said "There is no way" men could go to the moon, or fly in the air, or run the 40 in under a certain amount of time, or make a potato chips taste like pizza, or have electricity in every home in America. But in every one of those, and many more cases they were wrong, and so are you.

If the likes of Flacco, Dilfer, Williams, Bradshaw and many others can win the Lombardi, so can Schaub.
Compare the 2009-2010 tape to the 2012-2013 tape and tell me if you think Matt is the same guy. The rest of the team has to be perfect to carry Matt, is this the same with Manning? Monday night Manning seemed to be able to have his offense rise to the occasion despite the OL missing LT Clady and C Walton.

Time will tell who's right or wrong on this. So you have no idea if I'm wrong. I do respect the fact that you are calling your shot right now. I would hope that you respect my position. I hope you're right and Schaub gets us to a SB.

I tell you what, I will make a bet with you, I will buy YOU a Super Bowl ticket if the Texans MAKE the Super Bowl. If they dont you cut me a check for $1000.00. I'm putting my $$$$ where my mouth is. (You're getting the better of the deal $$$$ wise and the Texans should make the playoffs, so all you need is Matt to step up in big games.) Looking forward to seeing your reply soon.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote