View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I wonder if it is Schaub or if it is Schaub and the playcalling. Our offense was much more open in the second half of the Chargers game and Titans game. We didn't even make any throws past 10-15 yards last game. That's what I never understood. Yes, Schaub was taking a lot of pressure, but still you gotta be more aggressive with the play calls.

A screen pass on 4th and 2 is a downright stupid playcall. That said, Schaub has to play better also. If the pocket collapses he needs to move and do something.
The 4th & 2 was asinine. That was on Kubiak.... actually Schaub should have had the balls to say, "WTF...... I got this." & if I'm Kubiak, I'm getting tired of waiting for him to say it. I think Elway, Young, maybe even Griese had to command that kind of respect from Kubiak/Schanahan. I don't believe it should be "given" to a QB. When we're in crunch time, you want to know your QB, your field general is as invested in the play as you are.

The other plays... not throwing deep unless we're down by two scores... that's on Schaub. Don't just look at the guy who catches the ball. Look at the other receivers. There's usually a shallow, mid, deep route, Schaub chooses to throw to someone other than the deep guy.

The deep route is usually the "riskiest" in Schaubspeak, "we take what the defense gives us, they take away Andre..." When it gets real, he'll challenge two deep coverage, but when Kubiak will call plays that will open Andre against those coverages... why?

He trusts that Kubiak will call those plays at the appropriate time. He usually does.