View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013   #708
Nitrofish
FSM Rules!

Rep Power: 57899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I really wish people would stop quoting completion % as a good stat for Matt. It's not like Matt is throwing laser bombs, he's a QB in a run first play action that has a great RB, TE, and WR. He's in the perfect system, lots of swings, screens, and bad passes that he's getting bailed out by his receivers.
I love this... Do you have anything to base your opinion on or are you just throwing that out there? The perfect system? Wait, I thought the Texans system is antiquated and predictable and that is why we lose games? And now you try to use it as an argument for why Schaub is accurate? lol You cannot have it both ways. As far as laser bombs go, our system does not rely on massive vertical strikes, but rather strategic ones, and then conservative play that eats up clock, so it's no wonder Schaub is not airing it out every play. He is not required too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Did you actually watch the TN game, he has one good game, the rest was not just bad but really really bad.
No don't be silly. I don't actually watch the games. I just make this stuff up as I go along. On a serious note. Matt Schaub won the TN game with not one, but two great drives and a perfect throw to the rookie in the end zone. He played well when the game was on the line against what appears to be a pretty good defense, and that is all that matters. But sure, you go ahead and say it was everyone else bailing him out, not him actually making the plays because that makes perfect sense.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote