View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013   #705
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 102617 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think reaching back to 2007 to criticize Schaub is unfair and misses the point. Pointing out Schaub's recent play is fair. And he has not played to the level he attained in the past. I think the Matt Schaub of 2009-2011 would be capable of doing his part in bringing a championship to Houston. The Matt Schaub we've seen recently is not.
Fair enough, but are you saying that because Schaub had one bad game this year that it requires this level of scrutiny? Schaub played well in the first two games, then goes on the road to a place the Texans have never won at and lays and egg and suddenly all the Schaub haters ramp up their rhetoric and you think that is fair?

All of this we could be 0-3 stuff is silly. We could just as easily be 3-0, or 1-2, and to pretend that Schaub is to blame for all of the Texans woes is way too easy. The glaring mistakes by the pass rush, and pass coverage have just as much to do with what happened in Baltimore as how Schaub played, but I do not hear you guys calling for Wade's head, or calling out Jackson, or Joseph for their less than stellar play.

all this finger pointing is childish, and there are allot more things wrong with the 2013 Houston Texans than the bad game Schaub had last week. But I realize that it is week 3, and all teams are struggling to play at their full potential, not just the Texans, and what my post illustrates is that what Kubiak said was true. Matt Schaub's play (Along with allot of others) has turned this club from a perennial loser, to a contender, and those stats prove that. To ignore or dismiss them because of one game is ludicrous.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote