View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013   #88
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We don't look as good as the Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This time last year, "everyone" new the Broncos (1-2) were a work in progress. We knew they would be a better team, a much better team before the year was over.

I'm seeing Hopkins & Posey opening up our offense.
I see Brooks & Newton getting better on that right side.
I see Arian getting better as the year progresses
I see Whitney Mercilus being the guy Wade thought he was.
I see a healthier Schaub than I've seen in at lest 2 years.

What am I missing? Why aren't we all seeing that we're on our way to being a much better team than we were in 2012 ( a team lucky to win 12 games) & much closer to that 2011 team (that should have won the Super Bowl)?
Unfortunately, I see Kubiak/ Dennison not being willing to adjust game plans enough to encompass the improved talent at key positions or adjust accordingly to accommodate injuries/inconsistencies on the OL.

Phillips seems to be able to adjust his defenses to counter tactics on a weekly basis. To be honest, neither Phillips or Kubiak/ Dennison adjust nearly as quickly as we fans would like. Kubiak and Dennison seem a lot less keen on dictating the action through changing tactics than reinforcing the "I will impose my will on you" mantra, whether through running or passing. How many fans almost had cardiac arrest on the fake punt in the Chargers game?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote