View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #137
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Certain environments/personalities call for different types of leadership.

Some guys respond better to a kick in the ass while others may not. I thin the real silliness is trying to determine who is and who isn't a good leads from afar based on actions alone.

Results are what matters when you're looked at as a leader. Are you getting the desired results from whatever leadership style you're using. If you aren't, that's when you should reassess your style. If he is getting other guys to fully focus and give maximum effort then he's a good leader. Doesn't make him a great human, but his leadership can't be questioned if he's getting guys to play better.
You're right. There are different leadership styles, but I don't think the mentality "I'm doing what I'm supposed to, so I can blame everyone else" belongs on any team. I know Cushing isn't content with his performance, regardless of his good play thus far, and I have no doubt that pushing Schaub to be better may be a good leadership move.

Calling him out in public or actually getting into it with him like many on this board are calling for is not leadership. It's that stuff that breaks teams down.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote