View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #135
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Not any more ridiculous than totally absolving the defense for giving up points....which is what many in here have been doing when bringing in these homemade stats....Giving credit and total absolution are 2 totally different things.
"Homemade stats" is kind of a reach, don't ya think?

Just like those who are bashing the defense throw out numbers, those of us who think the defense is doing well do the same thing. That doesn't make them less legitimate.

If you think the offense has no responsibility for SD scoring their first touchdown or Tennessee kicking the field goal before halftime, then I think you're not watching closely enough. Would it have been great if the defense had only allowed a FG after Schaub's int and pushed Tenn back out of FG range after (another) Schaub int? Yes, but that's somewhat unrealistic.

I'm not saying our offense is bad- they've just underperformed so far. I happen to think our defense is doing well- not great, but certainly good enough...and I don't see anyone here totally absolving the defense.

Agree to disagree I guess.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote