View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #131
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We expect the defense to play a full half, not just the first half. They gave up 13 points in the second half.

Think about the Chargers game. They gave up 21 points in the first half. They came out the second half & only allowed 7. That's part of the reason why we won the game. The offense had to do their part & score 24 in the second half.

We needed them to do the same thing against the Ravens. Their poor play (lots of penalties, off sides, Pass interference, poor 3rd down percentage, poor performance in the red zone) was overshadowed by the offenses ineptitude, but they did not play well enough to win in the second half.

The offense would have had to score 22 in the second half alone to win that game.
They gave up 16 for the whole game. That's the only thing that matters. I don't care if they give up all 16 in one quarter or spread it out across the whole game. 16 points a game is good defense.

Another thing- I guess they technically gave up 21 points in the first half against SD, but SD had to travel all of 10 yards for their first score. To me, that's really only 14.

I don't know who said this, maybe Carr Bombed (apologies if it's not), but he's right. Cushing just happened to be caught saying this. I'm sure many others in the same situation have said the same thing. Doesn't mean he doesn't think we don't have a good offense...I just think he was frustrated, and, at that time, he was right.

I'm not even saying that we have a bad offense. I happen to think they'll respond this week and the Texans will win. However, the defense has played well this year, last Sunday included- I just think anyone who says they haven't is wrong, that's all.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote