View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #130
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
That's just not true...the defense could have been better but it has not failed, not even close.

I'll repeat what I said- the defense has basically given up 17 points a game (not counting the first SD touchdown or the half-ending FG vs Tenn- both of which the offense was responsible for)...that's not Ravens 2000-esque but still good...the offense and special teams have given up 10 points a game...that's horrible.

Could the defense improve some? Yes. However, to say they have failed is ridiculous.
See, this is what i hate.... get out of here with these made up ESPN stats trying to skew stuff....

1st of all, the only points the offense is truly responsible for are the Schaub pick 6's. & one of those games he and the offense made up for it. The SD pick he had was 1st of all a great play by the SD defender & 2nd, still on the defense. The defense gets paid to stop an offense...........regardless of where that offense is on the field.....they didnt do it...SD scored a TD....so its on the defense...period. Furthermore, if the defense was as good as you guys are trying to make them out to be & that is our identity & strongest part of our team, they would've at least been able to hold them to 3 there.

I don't have a problem with anyone bashing this offense...they've sputtered too often to be relied upon to show up week in/out....& we can speculate all day on what the chief reasons for that are.......What i absolutely disagree with is how you guys continuously use qualifiers when talking about this defense in an effort to cast it in the best light relative to the offense....but don't do the same when it comes to the offense....Like the offense, the defense too these 1st 3 games has sputtered a bit too often when we've need them to bow their necks...Unlike the defense however, they went into the last game without its pro bowl LT...a trash RT a banged up RG and played 1/2 that game without it's #1 WR option. So truthfully, neither side has played up to its talent level..Despite what your homemade stats might suggest about the defense's performance.

The other thing is, we've continously heard from those critical of the offense say "this looks like the same team from the end of last year and in the playoffs..." or some itereation of that.

Well if that's the case, than includes the defense as well.......That includes the offense not scoring a TD in the last umpteen quarters in the last 4 games as well as those games when GB, NE, Jax and DET wiped their ass with our defense....

As hervy said in another post in another thread...there's poop everywhere...& there continues to be poop everywhere on this team. Just b/c the biggest smelliest turd is the 1 under center at the moment doesn't mean the other turds elsewhere don't stink.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote