View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #129
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Because you've personally made a big play (maybe the biggest play) doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, especially if it's a detriment to the team.

Leadership is about removing self and doing what's needed for the team. I do believe Cushing's words weren't him insulting the offense, just saying that it was going to be on the defense this game. That's a leadership role, to say, "You can't do it? It's okay, I'll take care of it".

All the people in this thread saying that Cushing should ****-slap Schaub as if that somehow is good for the team and it shows leadership and balls? Probably shouldn't be a leader on a team...ever.
Certain environments/personalities call for different types of leadership.

Some guys respond better to a kick in the ass while others may not. I thin the real silliness is trying to determine who is and who isn't a good leads from afar based on actions alone.

Results are what matters when you're looked at as a leader. Are you getting the desired results from whatever leadership style you're using. If you aren't, that's when you should reassess your style. If he is getting other guys to fully focus and give maximum effort then he's a good leader. Doesn't make him a great human, but his leadership can't be questioned if he's getting guys to play better.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote