View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013   #694
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i feel defeated.. i would love to be wrong but there isnt a homer gene in me that believes schaub is a super bowl winning qb.. ive disliked the guy for years now but ive convinced myself in the past he might be good enough, not anymore. ive even been at the point i would rather sink with tj than coast with schaub to division round fluff..
I'm close.

I was talking to a friend about him today, & the best thing either of us can say about him, is that he's not a bad QB. Can't say he's great, can't say defenses game plan for him the way you would for a Brady, or Roethlisberger, or even a Kaepernick.

I'd imagine it's like facing Romo. The defense says, "We've just got to weather the storm a little bit & wait for him to make a mistake." I'm sure there's a bit of that for every QB, but moreso for these guys, because they know it's going to happen. Where a Roethlisberger or a Kaepernick can make enough plays to overcome the mistakes, we've seen that's not the case with Schaub & Romo.

You've got to take the ball out of their hands, with a DeMarco Murray or a Foster/Tate.

Luckily for us, we've got a Foster/Tate, just gotta get that thing going.

& yes, it appears Big Ben is having difficulty overcoming his mistakes, with the lack of play-makers around him But we've got our play-makers.