View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013   #121
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Great quotes for a Leadership course.....said no one ever
Oh, you mean like when the offense fails and J.J. Watt yells at his defensive teammates and says.. "Put it on the D, we can handle it!" And I'm sure that's not all he says while he sits on the sideline and watches his offense lay a egg

Stop being so naive. Do you really think that the Colts teams who were carried by Peyton and the offense just sat there and watched their midget defensive squad get cut through like butter year after year and watched them give up 375 rushing yards to the likes of the Jags and had no negative comments about their counterparts? Or the Bucs and Rob Johnson's offense.. Ravens with Anthony Wright, Jeff Blake and Kyle Boller (your words) or even at times with Trent Dilfer.. Or "gasp" The Texans a few years back when the offense had to carry defenses that couldn't even stop a sloth from getting behind their defense and scoring against their secondary.

What Cushing said happens on every freaking sideline of a team that has one side of the ball carrying the water for the whole team (especially when your special teams suck) and I don't really care what the heck the "redzone %" is.. Fact is since Wade and Cushing/Watt got here, more often than not Kubiak and his offense have become accustomed to rely on them and they're the ones left carrying the water more often than not and have been this year.

Only difference is Cushing got caught on tape saying what he said. It doesn't make him a "bad leader" or a "bad teammate" (by that sentiment Peyton and Brady are horrible leaders/teammates.. hell they have cussed out their own offensive players).. BTW he was voted a captain by his own teammates right? All it means is he's human and he has emotion and sees the same damn thing we've all been commenting about on here. I'm glad he said what he said, it tells me he's not contempt with the way we're playing and is a competitor who wants to win.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-27-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote