Thread: Remember 2010
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013   #35
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They made him prove that he's worth a $120.6 million contract. No revision there "buddy".

I never denied they offered him a contract. It was obviously lowballed and nothing near what he proved he's worth to the organization.

Perhaps poor reading comprehension and goofy assumptions is your special ability in life.
You said the Ravens "made the QB prove he was worth a contract" and claimed the two organizations were coming from two completely different perspectives.

And yet, they didn't make him do anything, they offered him a contract, it was FLACCO that made the decision, not the Ravens. You make it seem like the Ravens are some organization that hardballs their players and makes them play out their contracts instead of extending them like the soft, powderpuff Texans. The reality is, the Ravens, just like the Texans, extended offers to their QBs BEFORE the season started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You spew nonsense about "revisionist history" when you obviously do not even know history?

Flacco was drafted in 2008. He's played FIVE seasons (this is his sixth) and went to the playoffs every year that he's been in the league. He won two playoff games in his rookie season - an NFL record - and won at least one playoff game every year since then.
You're completely right, I was completely wrong here, that's my fault. So Flacco and the Ravens reach the playoffs 4 times and falls short every time. You're saying the media/fans weren't saying he wasn't going to do it? Meanwhile, Schaub gets one playoff attempt and is labeled as a loser who can't win the big game.

Revisionist history is using false facts to support your argument. Correcting my mistake actually bolsters it.

By the way, I attacked your argument, not you. Please leave the snide comments and personal insinuations at the door.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote