View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013   #159
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Harbaugh is a great coach. No doubt. In 2010, when it looked like Kubiak would be fired, I was on this board saying that I wanted Harbaugh... TexansChick actually gave me a hard time about it, because she wanted nothing to do with a college coach.

That being said, we all know that the 49ers had a much better talent base and cap situation when Harbaugh arrived than Kubiak had when he arrived. What I see now is not mediocrity from the Texan organization. I think they are set up to have an extended run of success...

Do I think Harbaugh is a better coach than Kubiak? Probably so. Certainly he was better faster. But, that's a moot point. Harbaugh is not available.
9ers were awful for a long time just like we were and Harbaugh drafted his current QB because Alex Smith was mediocre. Harbaugh invested heavily in offensive linemen as well. Would our current Head Coach have replaced Alex Smith in the same scenario? I doubt it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote