View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #145
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Even you have to admit Lechler was a pretty good get. Why Coach Joe is still here only McNair knows that.

As Bob has grown as an owner we've seen him step in time and again. Acquiring Wade, Lechler, Reed.
Letting his hand-picked QB, David hit the streets. Easing Jacoby Jones out of town without a lot of fuss from the Texans. Letting D-Rob go when he got too big for his britches. Some of you are thinking, "Well, Rick Smith made those moves..."
Maybe.
I'm of the opinion (and I have little to go on but reading between the lines), that nothing of significance happens over there on Kirby Drive without McNair's sign off.
The Buck stops with him.
Loved the Lechler signing, why legit competition wasn't brought in to compete with Fat Randy reeks of the good ole boy system that's at the root of the problem. If BoB is signing off on this than this makes me question BoB's commitment to putting the best product on the field as possible.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote