View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #28
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Montgomery Converted to DE

Montgomery was strictly a 4-3 DE coming out IMO. He struggled to get off blocks and relied almost exclusively on speed rush. Those are not the qualities you look for in a 3-4 DE. He also did not move great in space and was more of a straight line guy. Not what you look for in a 3-4 OLB.

I called him a completely wasted pick the second we took him because he has no fit in our scheme.

I really wanted us to take Akeem Spence or Brian Schwenke with that pick. Spence already starts for Tampa and could have been a great complement/competition to Earl Mitchell. Schwenke would have been the perfect guy to groom to follow Myers. I liked him more than I like Ben Jones.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote