View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week-- home vs. Seattle

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
Brown practiced today during individual work, but acknowledged blocking 300-lb linemen is a different beast.

LT @DuaneBrown76 said turf toe in right foot is still causing pain, and he'll likely be a game time decision on Sunday.

Schaub: The sense of urgency in this building and locker room is incredible. #Texans

Schaub: As a QB the ball is in my hands last, and it's my responsibility for what happens. I take ownership. #Texans

Schaub: Seattle's secondary will challenge you, and they're good across the board. #Texans

Matt Schaub at podium now. We have a lot of things to work on, and now we're focused on the Seahawks.

Wilson: @JJ Watt joked w/me at Pro Bowl that if he'd stayed at #Wisconsin, Badgers would've won NCAA title in 2011.

Wilson: Being a #Wisconsin Badger, I know a lot about @JJ Watt. So intelligent. You gotta love what he does.

Seattle QB Russell Wilson on the conference call. Said going against SEA defense every day has made him a lot better.

Dennison: Seattle's team speed is tremendous. They fill gaps well. Sound in what they do. #Texans

Dennison: Seattle secondary is impressive for so many different reasons. #Texans

Offensive coordinator Rick Dennison now at podium. Matt Schaub, all of us, need to get better. #Texans

Kubiak: Montgomery is looking a lot better now. #Texans

Kubiak: We moved Sam Montgomery to defensive line. He was getting bigger, so we're letting him put weight on. #Texans

Kubiak: Reed, Bouye had INT's today in practice. Usually when it happens in practices, it translates to games. #Texans

Kubiak: FS Ed Reed looked pretty good today. Took 1st team and scout team reps. #Texans

Kubiak: Thought today was our best practice of year. Urgency, speed was great. #Texans

Kubiak: #Texans CB Johnathan Joseph has a toe injuryand didn't practice either.

Kubiak is live here... #Texans CB Kareem Jackson is sick, didn't practice today.
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
"He can go by just his first name," Carroll on JJ Watt. #Texans

Carroll coached Cushing at USC. Said he was one of the best players they ever had at SC. (And they had some good ones) #Texans

"None that I want to repeat at this time," Pete Carroll, chuckling, when asked if he could recall stories about Cushing's intensity. #Texans

"He made the wrong decision, he understands why after watching the film," Dennison says. Declines to say why. #Texans

"It's hard to make plays on him especially down the field because of their length," Dennison on the Seahawks' defense. #Texans

"He's made bad decisions ... and he's learning from them," #Texans OC Rick Dennison on Schaub's interceptions

Kubiak's explanation for Sam Montgomery's position switch is that he's gaining weight w/access to NFL food and weight training. #Texans

Kubiak says the Seahawks' secondary is the biggest they'll face. Safeties are like linebackers. #Texans

"The biggest thing still is the matter of the turnover battle and the way it's hurting our football team," Kubiak says. #Texans

"Any time you give up points some place other than your defense, makes it very difficult on your team," Kubiak. #Texans

"Their ranking is very well deserved," Kubiak on the #Seahawks' defense, ranked first in the NFL. #Texans

DNP: Kareem Jackson (sick), A. Johnson (shin), J. Joseph (sore toe) O daniels (rest), W. Smith (rest), Sharpton (foot), Graham #Texans

Gary Kubiak is here. Duane Brown worked with the trainers today. Did individual work, no team stuff today. #Texans

More on Schaub from Kubiak to Seahawks reporters: "I believe in him and our team believes in him." #Texans

Kubiak to Seahawks reporters on Schaub: "I think he’s a winner. That’s all he’s done since he came here." #Texans
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
Kubiak says texans want to run more. They're 43-5 under Kubiak when they run at least 30 times.

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote