View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #140
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've noticed when Schaub is rattled he starts throwing off his back foot. He begins the game throwing decent, but once he starts getting hit his throws are either high or just off target.

Maybe he gets Carr-ed after getting hit a few times?
First, I have seen Schaub rattled and am not arguing that it doesn't happen.

However, I do not believe throwing off the back foot for Schaub is an indication that he's rattled. It is an indication that he's dealing with pressure up the middle. His greatest mechanical flaw, IMO, is that he has a long stride. When he expects pressure up the middle, he often doesn't stride when he throws- and is on his back foot. Certainly, it is often games when he is facing interior pressure that he throws off his back foot. However, I have seen him rattled and not throwing off the back foot and have seen him not rattled and throwing off of it... just something to mention because I do not believe he has been rattled this year.