View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #114
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
When Your Offense scores TD's 77.8% of the time in the Red Zone (8th in the NFL)

But your Defense gives up TD's 87.5% of the time in the Red Zone (32nd in the NFL),

Cushing shouldn't be "calling out" anyone.....
In my opinion, he can. Since the first half of the San Diego game, the defense has been playing well. By all rights, Houston should have been up at least 9-3 at halftime. Through no fault of the defense, they were down 17-9. Perhaps they started taking too many chances in the second half, perhaps they were tired, I don't know. The bottom line is this: the defense has essentially given up 21, 14, and 16 points in their three games, an average of 17 points a game, while giving up the second fewest yards in the league. I'll take that performance every single time. They need to create more turnovers- that's true. However, they have definitely done their part. The offense needs to step up. I hope they do.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote