View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #22
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Montgomery Converted to DE

J.J. Watt promised he would take Sam Montgomery under his wing and teach him the tools of the trade. He said he would help light a fire under Montgomery and get him into top physical shape back in training camp. I guess you either have that inner drive to improve or you don't. I was hoping it could be taught to Montgomery.

Hes a big boy, man, and I dont think that he tries to gain weight but hes just big. Hes naturally big. Hes not fat, hes got all muscle but a weight thing kept being the issue, Antonio Smith said while on Texans Radio on Sports Radio 610.

In other words, he's unmotivated, fat, slow and lazy? What am I missing here? When people say you are not fat that usually means you are. I guess Antonio Smith doesn't care too much. As long as our young edge rushers (OLBs and DEs) are developing so slowly, it means the Texans have no choice but to keep paying the big dollars to "The Ninja" when it comes to talking about a future contract extension.

It baffles me how we can't seem to find some real talent to put around J.J. Watt in the front seven. Besides Brian Cushing and Antonio Smith of course, but Antonio seems to be more bark than top dog these days. Ever since we lost Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans and to some degree Connor Barwin, we've been getting much worse with our front seven pass rush.

I thought Whitney Mercilus and Brooks Reed would become legitimate All Pros but they're not anywhere near that level yet. They are really disappointing me with their current play. We have very little talent, especially depth wise, on the defensive line and all across the board at the linebacker positions. If J.J. Watt were to get hurt we'd go from a top 10 defense to one of the worst in the league.