View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #107
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't understand why people keep saying I'm blaming the defense. I'm not blaming the defense, just pointing out that we've got problems on the defensive side of the ball as well.

Your post, you're saying people are going to point to Schaub's 75% completion rating & 7 TDs thrown saying, "Look, Schaub is having a great year." Knowing those stats don't tell the whole story.

Same thing here, we're saying, "The defense gave up 16 points in this game, that's good enough to win." But that's not what happened, they gave up 13 points in a half. That's not winning football. They gave up 21 points in the first half of the Chargers game. That's looking a lot like the defense that didn't show up against New England. (42 points). They gave up a 99 yard drive for a touchdown to Jake Locker.

The offense suked.... has suked all year, except in small spurts. That's a problem, a big problem. But there ain't a bigger paper tiger in Houston than the #2 defense that's ranked 26th in points allowed.
Your skewing the stats. The team is ranked 26th in points given up. Not just the defense. 3 touchdowns were direct results of the offense and special teams. where does that rank the defense now? Top 10 that's where