View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013   #130
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , Matt isn't the same guy he was pre-lisfranc , that much is pretty obvious.
CND told us that the more he played , the worse it would get and over the course of last season I think he was proven correct.

Take a look at the last 5 games of last year and the first three of this one and over that 8 game span .... Schaub hasn't been right.

What I believe is that its affected his already poor mobility and below average arm strength .... he could compensate for those issues pre-injury but that's just not the case any longer.
Add to that the fact that he's not read defenses nearly as well , why I'm not sure but three picks in three games , two of which are pick six's and they third may as well have been.
That's just poor decision making , not what we have come to expect from Schaub in general as he usually limits mistakes.
Reading defenses and limiting mistakes were his strengths .... Now he's hurting the team and is lacking physically too.

I hope the guy turns it around but I just don't have a lot of confidence in him doing that as the OL just isn't as good as its been in the past either .... and the offense being designed to keep him clean in the pocket just isn't capable of doing that on a regular basis.

I see the opposite, though I agree with your conclusions about 2012, as well as your criticisms about this year's decision-making.

I am excited about the season for the exact reasons that you are worried: Schaub's physicality this year. From what I see, he is moving better than he has in 4 years and is taking hits better than I have ever seen him... Let's hope that what I think I am seeing is correct. The next two weeks should reveal a lot about the entire team's toughness and physicality- Schaub's included.

If he gets through these next two games physically, regardless of the offense's performance, we should then see a stretch of some of the best Texans offense in our history (if I am right about Schaub this year).