Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013   #699
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Young seemed to thrive in Gary's offense.

Young had the same run 1st tendencies that Manziel has.
Steve Young doesn't come to my mind at all when I think of Johnny Manziel. The comparisons may be valid based on run first tendencies, but Steve Young was a totally different signal caller and left-handed.

I would compare Johnny Manziel to somebody like Jeff Garcia. Similar size and athletic ability. People said Garcia wasn't good enough to play in the pros after being undrafted, but he ended up playing for seven NFL teams and was a four-time pro bowler.

Of course, Manziel is going to be a day one pick (late 1st or 2nd round).