View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013   #216
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
At most Universities the money subtracted from your monthly scholarship for your shared dorm room is at least 50% higher than your share of rent in an off campus apartment would be.

I don't know what generation you are referring to with the "Athlete's mess hall" comment, but they don't have those anymore. Football players have a "Training Table" where they can eat one meal a day (in many schools of poor quality---mystery meat and rice) but only during football season. After football season in the late fall, training table ends---no training table in the Spring, Summer, or during holiday breaks.

My son went to SFA for five years and said the exact opposite. All meals throughout the day and an extremely nice dorm were standard for football players. He eventually moved to an apartment as an upperclassman, and it, too, was fully paid by scholarship.

Not sure what schools you are talking about, but if SFA - an FCS college - can provide all of that, I have little doubt that the big programs are loaded with perks and nice facilities.

And he had access to the training staff year round. I cannot imagine that SFA is leading the charge in taking care of their football players.