View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013   #87
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The real problem is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I don't think that's the case.

I think he realizes that he has no better option and likely cant acquire a better option .... and that even by drafting a QB in round 1 doesn't mean he's going to immediately or ever be a better option ....

Then we have to realize that they had a huge need at the WR spot too and took what appears to be a very good one which should have made Schuab better ...

Bottom line , the team was in win now mode during this past offseason (and still is) and drafting a QB early would have limited them in that pursuit.

In hindsight , I wish they woulda used at least one of the picks spent on B.Williams , T.Williams & Montgomery on a QB .... as they were totally wasted from all appearances.
Unfortunately Gary picked the wrong guy to lead this franchise. (Schaub, due to injury, IMHO)

The question is where does he go from here? It's obvious to ME that Schaub isn't the guy to lead this team to a SB, So every day Schaub is in there is another day that could be spent seeing if T.J. or Case is the future of this franchise.

It upsets me that those picks were wasted. But last yr was a terrible QB yr. If you remember I mocked Bray in the 1st rd. He went undrafted but he made the Cheifs roster and appears to be their QB of the future.

This upcoming draft is the yr to get a QB. The draft is fairly loaded at QB. This is the only reason I would keep Gary around if the team falls on its face is I think he would be the ideal guy to figure out which QB to draft.

Although most HC's only get 1 shot at picking their QB. If it doesn't work out then they're fired. I doubt BoB holds Gary to this standard, since BoB has proven in the past that he doesn't hold people in the on the field product side of his business accountable.

Coach Joe must GO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote